Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Steamed cake

This morning I woke up realising I forgot to buy bread for breakfast and wondered what should I do? Because I have five types of medicine to take every morning, I try to take them before going to work. It is such a hassle every morning but I have no choice. (>_<) Suddenly saw an old post-it note on my fridge with the steamed cake recipe and so I made it for breakfast!

Ingredients
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp oil

Recipe
1. Measure flour and baking powder and put them in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, put in the egg, milk honey and oil. Use a fork or whisk to mix well.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients.
4. Use a spatula to mix well. Do not overmix. Just ensure it is well combined.
5. Steam for about 10 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when poked.

I used sugar last time when I first try steaming cake but I find that it is dry. Honey gives the cake a very nice moist texture. You can always add raisins or vary the ingredients to come up with more variations! :) This recipe makes only 3 cupcakes. You might want to double if you want to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment