Friday, August 21, 2015

Banana walnut cupcake

Okie here it goes, another banana recipe because I baked twice this week! With the remaining bananas I had, I wanted to try out another recipe that I saw online which looks tempting to me - Banana Walnut Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting

 Ingredients
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I reduced to 1/8 tsp) 
2 bananas (mashed)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (about 113g)
3/4 cup walnuts (cut into small pieces)
1/4 vanilla yoghurt (I used plain yoghurt)

Recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
2. Cream the butter and sugar. (To use softened butter and after creaming, you should not see the sugar.)
3. Sieve the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
4. Add in the mashed bananas. Mix well before adding in eggs and vanilla essence.
5. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Stir in the yoghurt and mix the walnut into the batter.
7. Scoop the batter into 12 cupcake paper. It should be about 80% filled.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.

I skipped the frosting as I preferred to just eat the cupcakes. Gave some to my colleagues and the general feedback is nice but too sweet. Maybe it would be good to reduce the sugar by a little or fully replace the sugar with just brown sugar. Unlike the previous recipe, I feel that this cupcake is denser and more moist. Still it is quite tasty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment